Monday, September 12, 2016

My Totally Explainable Absence

Hello everyone,

While I never officially mentioned it, I've done my best to put out one blog post every Monday, around 5 PM.  I'm not sure if any of you have been dying to read my latest post, waiting at its beckoned call only to see it not show up the past couple of weeks, but if you have, or you're just curious when the next post will show up, I'm here to tell you: this is my return to regularly scheduled blogging.

Here's the thing, I've had a lot happen over the past few weeks.  We moved back into our home (yay!), we started a new semester (yay!), I've seen an uptick in Post-Tramuatic Stress due to our earlier house fire (boo!), we've lived without counter tops and major kitchen appliances for three weeks (I never thought I would be excited to see new counter tops...), continued to buy back all the things we've lost, and, because I wasn't crazy enough (that's hyperbole), I decided to go ahead and refinance our home.  I don't care if we're getting a great interest rate, it was a dumb decision due to the fact that our lives have felt so incredibly busy.

That's why the blog took a back seat (more like it was riding on the roof of the van without a bungee cord strapped to it).  Something HAD to go.

But... as I find more time to breathe, it's giving me time to begin to reflect.  That's always been the heart of this blog.  To share reflections on God's Word, on struggles, and how the Gospel intersects in real life.  And so, over the next few weeks, maybe even months, I want to share some of the things I've experienced.  Because often, I find that I'm a funnel.  I get to live through life experiences which are often hard.  But that's not in a vacuum.  As I'm living in the midst of hardship, it's not uncommon to find someone wrestling with a similar issue.  I pass on what I've learned, how I've failed, and how Jesus has forced me to cling to Him.

So, all that's to say, I'm back.  At least, as long as the Lord allows me to have a voice.

Thanks for reading.  I hope this blog is an encouragement to you, and I'm confident that God will continue to use it.

In Him,
Zack 

No comments:

Post a Comment